The Scanner needs your help
We want to make it easy for you to help The Berkeley Scanner succeed. Here's what you can expect in exchange.
- 5-15 public safety stories each week from the most authoritative, trusted source on Berkeley crime and safety news
- Answers to your burning public safety questions: Responsiveness to community inquiries is one of The Scanner's core tenets
- No ads, no spam: 100% member-driven public safety coverage in Berkeley, CA
- Make no mistake: Everyone can read our stories and we don't plan to change that. But we absolutely cannot do this work without reader support.
Option 1: Sign up for a monthly paid subscription. This helps us plan best for the future so we can cover the bills.
As a Scanner Partner, you'll support objective, fact-based Berkeley crime coverage you won't find anywhere else.
- Comment on Berkeley Scanner stories
- Get breaking news alerts by email
- Receive a priority response to your inquiries
- Get the daily and/or weekly email newsletter
As a Founding Member, you believe Berkeley deserves unbiased, unfiltered public safety news and you know it can’t happen without your help.
- You're digging deeper to help this fledgling effort take flight
- Coffee with TBS founder Emilie Raguso (6-month minimum give)
- Behind-the-scenes dispatches
- All perks from other tiers
Option 2: Sign up for an annual subscription as a Scanner Partner or dig deeper and become a Founding Member.
Option 3: Give what you can with a one-time payment. Basically whatever you can share will help The Scanner get off the ground. Customize the amount to fit your budget.
Option 4: Prefer to send a check? Please make it out to The Berkeley Scanner and send it to 1423 Broadway PMB 116, Oakland, CA, 94612. Please be sure to include your email address so we can thank you.
Option 5: Want to support The Berkeley Scanner but no room in your current budget? Become a Scanner Insider by sharing tips and photos with us. You may remain anonymous by request. We want to hear from you.
Other payment questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-459-8325 and we'll do our best to work it out.