The Scanner Today, Feb. 27

An electrical fire at a South Berkeley liquor store Monday morning caused substantial damage to the store interior.

We have that story for you today.

Fire at Berkeley liquor store causes $150,000 in damage
The owner had just put something into the microwave to reheat it when he heard a popping noise from a different area of the wall, BFD said.

We have updates to several notable police and fire stories in the works. Stay tuned.

(We were hoping to have one of those articles up this evening, but confirmation is pending.)

Meanwhile, we are mostly recovered — thank you all for your well wishes!

Remember: Add context to your comments by adding a short bio about your background or Berkeley expertise. Just click the circular icon next to any new comment box and then click your name for a menu that lets you add a bio and change your user name.